In June 2022, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved a Tobacco Retail License (TRL) fee for retailers to sell tobacco products. This license fee applies only to unincorporated areas in San Diego County. The initial fee for the year 2022-2023 has been assessed at $730.
Retailers must complete and submit their full applications by Monday, August 29th. The County of San Diego recently made note that a majority of licensees have not yet renewed.
Below is the checklist of items tobacco retailers need to do in order to renew their Tobacco Retail License (Details Here):
- Complete, Sign, and Send the 5 page Application Form
- Complete, Sign, and Send the 5 page Affirmation Form
- Pay the $730 TRL fee
- Send the receipt for the above payment of the $730 fee
- Send a copy of your current TRL license
- Send a copy of your driver’s license or other Government ID (corporations must send their Employer Identification Number instead of a driver’s license)
You need to complete the above tasks and send ALL of the above documents to this County email: TRLApplications.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov
If anyone has issues, the County is offering assistance over the phone contact the County at TRLApplications.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov or leave a message at 619-542-4178 to request assistance.
If you have any further questions, please contact the NMA at (619) 313-4400.